05 Apr Canapè & Petite Four Shells
Siljans mini croustade shells are a crispy cup for the ultimate hors d’oeuvres and dessert. 30 mm(1 1/2 inch) edible, wafer thin base for creating an ideal bite size, cocktail snack.
I keep these in my long shelf life pantry drawers and they always come in handy!
“A new way to canapé”💃🏽💃🏽
- try doing this with your passengers after you’ve set the table, simply drop off a “palate opener” and describe what it is
- this is an easy go-to-no-fuss-no-galley-destroying-nibble to whip up in under five minutes
- BONUS: it buys you some time to get any hot appetizers/soups/or salads prepped
- what ultimately makes this a good palate opener is that the flavor profiles are diverse but still balanced
- fill a crispy shell with goat cheese (pictured here is a sheep’s Brie because that’s all I had in my fridge bag but goat works best) a dash of honey, a few pomegranate seeds, and some thyme for warmth