15 Sep Fig Season- Canapés (so easy it doesn’t need a recipe)
Fig season. Oh my god we don’t deserve figs on earth. We are not worthy as a human race of this delicious seasonal treat (nothing like a desperate exaggeration to introduce a recipe huh?)
The end of the year fig season is "new wood" season typically runs from August through October. The most common variety is the Black Mission fig followed by the Brown Turkey fig and the Green Kadota fig respectively.
- Whole Foods
- Goat Cheese (Spreadable)
- Micro-basil or chiffonade of Basil
- Mini Toasts or bread sliced into crostini style
- Spread goat cheese on mini toast
- “Suction” Fig quater segment onto goat cheese toast alongside small piece of honeycomb
- Garnish with basil
When self-catering and deliberating on a canapés//starter option, always choose items that can be served at room temperature or chilled. Your main course and sides will most likely need your precious heating equipment during inflight meal service.
- Jamie Gibson, Founder of Flightess