30 May [Plane]made Mango Mousse
If you haven’t purchased the portable blender I linked in my toolbox, do so NOW! It will make you a total rockstar on the plane. Fresh smoothies in the morning? No issue. Perfectly blended vinaigrettes for salads? DONE!! It is such a useful tool to really “up” your onboard DIY game. I’ll link it again here.
Be smart with flavor profiles; I took a quick peek at my passenger’s Instagram and saw they ate fresh mango. Therefore, I knew to incorporate that flavor component in my dining service.
Once you have your portable blender charged and ready to go— lets break down this recipe onboard!
- 1 Fresh Mango, cubed into small chunks
- Heavy whipping cream
- 1tsp of sugar (1 pack of sugar)
- Whipped Cream for garnish
- Berries for garnish
- Sugar Pearls for garnish (optional)
- Mint for Garnish
- Cover mango cubes with heavy whipping cream (I never measure anything, always eyeball and go by instinct, but if I had to guess it was about 1/2 a cup)
- Add 1 pack of sugar
- Blend until creamy and smooth by turning the blender up and down periodically
- Pour into double wall espresso cups
- Garnish with Whipped cream ( the creaminess texture is a nice balance and it helps tame the sour/sweetness of the mango)
- For additional garnishes- use your creativity, berries are super complimentary and I found these super shiny edible sugar pearls that I thought looked cool and added fun texture.
Side-note: I love using my double wall espresso cups for desserts, they make everything look elegant and beautiful.