16 Apr [Plane]made Vegetable Quiche
We’re taking a break from the fancy stuff and moving onto comfort food you can make inflight😌
Summer is coming along and nothing is as gorgeous this time of year as a quiche paired with an arugula salad and glass of Sauv Blanc. I was also craving to make this because I had the best quiche of my life at Dèli Bo in Nice, shout out to @daniellestyron forever!!!! so here we go…
Ziploc Steambags, and pie dish! Whisk is also helpful!
- 1 diced onion
- 1 zucchini
- Frozen pie crust thawed
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup of milk
- Cheddar or Gruyere cheese
- I used my au gratin dishes (not amazing for this but they get the job done) because I think my colleagues would murder me if I bought any more cookware for the plane 🤫
- Spray non stick spray and roll your pie crust out and fit it to your dish.
- Bake at 365 for about 8 minutes in order to set the crust.
- While that’s baking, rough chop a zucchini (because no one is going to see it so it doesn’t have to be perfect), and mix with a little diced white onion. (You can also do mushroom and bacon as an option too, another favorite of mine)
- Toss into a steam bag and microwave for 2 minutes.
- Now take two eggs, with 1/3 a cup of whole milk, salt and pepper and whisk away in a pryex
- Once your pie crust is out of the oven, sprinkle some cheese, steamed zucchini and onion, and pour egg mixture over, add more cheddar cheese to cover
- Bake at 365 for 30-45 minutes and halfway through baking cover your quiche with foil to avoid burning the pie edges
- Serve with an Arugula salad tossed with olive oil and Balsamic Vinegar Perfect for inflight brunch!