So maybe we don’t have a sauce to make our plating presentation nice and fancy, what are some other ways to make your plating look stellar using the actual food you have? Veggie Bundles
Orange Peel Tie
- this one is easy, you just need a good channel knife (preferably one that zests as well, pictured here)
- once you’ve peeled the circumference of the orange, place the peel tie into water to soak so it becomes more elastic and won’t break on you (only for 5 mins or so)
- then tie your long vegetables and anything else you can think of in a bundle!
Really makes the boring chicken breast dish more exciting don’t you think?
Yellow Squash Donut Hold
- Chop a round from your yellow squash and take a small cookie cutter to the center to create the hole or carve a whole with a vegetable knife
- Place evenly cut peppers or any vegetable variety in the center.
Here a Pro Tip Video on the easiest way to cut a pepper and remove the core at the same time!
The key with making this chive wrapped Haricot Vert Bundle (thin French green beans) look sophisticated, is to keep all the beans the same length by cutting them together.
It keeps it clean and modern looking stacked up next to any protein.
Be very gentle with the tying the full chive as they are not nearly as durable as the orange peel.