- Start by using a barely ripened avocado, you want it to be creamy but still structural enough to hold shape and be molded
- Using a thin, non-stick knife will also help in making precision slices thru the avocado half lengthwise. You can also use your forefinger to help ensure the thin slices do not slide up with the knife.
- Gently push the avocado slices in a linear fashion downwards + upwards creating a line
- Start rolling one end in tightly and wrap the other end around it
- Gently push the “petals” around to tightly wrap and even fan out the outer slices (a.k.a. petals) for a pretty look
- I used the top of carnation petals which look like mini flowers themselves to add a whimsical touch
- Adding acid such a lemon juice will help prevent oxidation and keep the avocado flower from browning
- To move avocado flower, slide your knife underneath to support it’s delicate structure and lift to desired place
Like this video? You may also enjoy the Mushroom Carving Garnish too!