With Spring practically here and Summer around the corner, passengers are going to be boarding the plane hot and perspiring and looking for some cool relief.
What better way to welcome them then with some cold gazpacho on the credenza?
You can order gazpacho from your caterer or make it fresh onboard with your wireless blender.
Gazpacho Chemist Recipe
FLIGHTESS TIP: Yellow tomatoes help enhance the green of the other ingredients
- Yellow tomatoes
- Cucumber 1, deseeded and cut into chunks
- Spring onions 3
- Chopped jalapeño 1
- Deseeded and roughly chopped green pepper 1 small
- Deseeded and quartered celery 2 sticks
- Roughly chopped garlic 1 clove
- Peeled coriander
- Vinegar 2 tbsp
- Extra-virgin olive oil 3 tbsp (ideally use a peppery green oil)
- Vegetable stock
- Cold baby watercress- saving a few leaves to garnish
- Sea salt flakes 2 tsp
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix and then blend in batches in a power blender or food processor.
- Pour through a sieve then chill for at least 2-3 hours
- Taste and season if needed
- Pour Gazpacho evenly into culinary test tubes
- Garnish with pea sprouts, shaved carrot, and a knick of burrata mozzarella.
- Using a small vase filled with ground Himalayan pink salt, stick test tubes directly in the middle for a colorful presentation.