CAN WE GET AN AMEN FOR SOUP SEASON?! *everyone say amen*
But for real man, I’m ready for it, I love soup. My only issue is that a lot of soup options are cream based and I’m not down for that. I decided to make myself some soup inflight the other day and it was DELICIOUS!
Seriously will be making this for passengers on my next flight you can bet your bottom dollar.
A few tools you need first….
One of my favorite galley tools, my USB chord-less blender, you can do so many things with this bad boy! Remember, I work on a Falcon Jet therefore my galley has no voltage for Nutribullets etc. SooOoO we work with what we got right?
One thing to note with this blender is it takes forever to charge so be sure to charge it overnight before you plan to use it so it will be ready to go!
Microwave Steam bags like these work, the ones I have in the video also work in the oven as well and help with fishy smells when cooking. You can find those here.
Now onto the fun part
- Cubed Butternut Squash
- Olive Oil
- Broth or Cream ( Heavy cream, chicken broth, or vegetable broth work! Whatever you prefer!)
- Salt and Pepper
- Bread for fresh Croutons
- Truffle Oil (optional)
- Place cubed squash into microwave steam bag with a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper, give it a good shake to evenly coat
- Place bag in microwave for 6-8 minutes, the squash needs to be easily pierced with a knife
- While that is cooling down in the bag, place cream or broth in a microwave safe glass or cup and heat for 1 minute
- Put squash into blender with liquid of choice (Cream or broth) so the liquid fills to the top of the squash
- Blend it up! Give it a taste test to make sure it doesn’t need any more salt and pepper and the consistency is correct
- Pour into bowl and drizzle with truffle oil, micro-greens for some brightness and fresh croutons for texture
For fresh croutons, chop any bread up, drizzle olive oil and place on sheet pan for a few minutes in a high heat oven!
Speaking of Fall Recipes- have you scoped our the perfect Autumn Canapé yet?