Are we sick of the seasonal recipes yet? Because clearly I’m not so I’m going to hit you with one more today to really get you in the mood for Thanksgiving next week.
Apple desserts, man, they scream Autumn.
Galette – a flat round cake of pastry or bread with fruit filling.
What is really cool about galettes is that they are meant to be rustic! SO WHAT if you didn’t perfectly fold your puff pastry dough exact per wrinkle around the perimeter, it only adds to the homemade, rustic vibe of a delicious galette.
- 1 Apple (Honeycrisps are my favorite!)
- Puff Pastry Dough
- Lemon Juice
- Egg Whites
- Slice apple into razor thin slices and remove core/hard center bits
- Place in a microwave-safe glass such as a pyrex and cover with water
- Squeeze a bit of lemon juice into the apple water mixture to prevent apples from browning while in the microwave
- Microwave apples for 2-4 minutes depending on microwave strength until they can bend without breaking and are soft
- Drain cooked apple slices on paper towel
- Melt butter, sugar, and cinnamon in a bowl for 30-60 seconds
- Roll out puff pastry dough and using any cylinder biscuit cutter or even bowl, harvest out a few 6inch circles from your puff pastry
- Place apple slices in center of puff pastry dough circles and brush sugar/butter/cinnamon mixture onto slices generously
- As demonstrated in the video, begin gently folding along the perimeter of the puff pastry into the center to create wrinkles until you can pinch it shut along the ridge
- Then brush egg white over pastry puff dough and sprinkle a bit more cinnamon and sugar atop the galette
- Bake at 350 F degrees until the crust is a deep golden-brown and the fruit is cooked, 15-20 minutes. Transfer off of oven rack onto counter to cool completely
- Serve with Vanilla Ice-cream, whipped cream, clotted cream, or by itself!
Have you checked out the other Fall recipes from Flightess?Butternut Squash Soup & Autumn Canapé & Brown Butter Burrata Acorn Squash