Summer heat brings out the best in seasonal stone fruit. July and August are actually peak season for Peaches!
#FlightessPhilosophy – Create your inflight menu around the freshest ingredients available based on the season. This alone will ensure you are optimizing the best flavor profiles for your guests
This dessert was a total hit with both my pilots and passengers and was SO easy to make!
- 1/2 Ripe Peach
- Raspberries (or any desired Fresh Berry)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon of Mascarpone Cheese
- 1/4 Cup of Steel Cut Oats
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- Fresh Mint Sprig
- Raw Unfiltered Honey
- Wash, cut and remove the core of the peach. Brush raw honey all over the peach and set on a sheet tray face down to roast in the oven for 16 minutes at 400F.
- Toss the steel cut oats in cinnamon and place in the oven for 3 minutes before peaches are done
- In a small bowl mix the mascarpone with vanilla extract
- One peaches and oats are finished in the oven, place the peach half-side up and scoop mascarpone mixture onto the center of the peach. Sprinkle toasted oats around the peach.
- Garnish with Fresh Raspberries and a sprig of mint
This recipe comes from Chef Joshua Ferris based in South Florida. Thank you Josh for sharing!