Perfect for a Vegan, Non-dairy, or Paleo centered guest diet preference. Prep these two hours in advance for the perfect consistency (not too runny or too hard!). As soon as I get onboard the plane to start prepping for the flight- I will whip these up so by the time we are in the air and ready to serve, I know it has been at least two hours and the puddings are perfectly set.
You can certainly omit the matcha but it does give it a fantastic flavor profile, plus the color is gorgeous. I played with the earthy flavor of the matcha and the sweet herbaceous pea tendril as my topping which made it appear “terrarium” like!
- 2 teaspoons matcha green tea powder
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ½ tablespoon honey
- Option Toppings: Shredded Coconut, Almonds, Blueberries, Raspberries
- In a pyrex, mix the matcha green tea powder with the milk and whisk until smooth and not clumped. (A bamboo matcha whisk is preferred but I was able to do it easily with my metal whisk and milk frother to help break up some of the clumps)
- Add the chia seeds and the honey. Stir to combine, making sure there are no clumps of chia seeds. Pour evenly into two wine glasses or low tumbles (leave room for garnishes!)
- Place it the chiller or ice drawer for 2 hours to set
- Top with preferred garnishes!
Have you seen the Oatmeal Pouch Berry Skillet?